NORTH EAST ENGLAND AMATEUR & CB RADIO FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East England Amateur & CB Radio Forum is for anyone that is interested in radio communication. We hope all you radio clubs will add a link to your website back to this forum so your members can communicate with others from other clubs.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
------------------------------------LATEST NEWS, OFCOM LEGALISE AM AND SSB MODES FOR THE UK CB RADIO ON MID/CEPT BAND TO START ON 27TH JUNE 2014----------------------------BIG UK NET PLANNED FROM THURSDAY MIDNIGHT TO CELEBRATE THE NEWS --------------------------------- THE NET IS ON 27th / 28th / 29th JUNE 2014 ON THE NEW CALLING CHANNELS FOR THEM MODES WHICH ARE AM CALLING CH14 27.125mhz / SSB CALLING CHANNEL27 27.275mhz-------------------------------

What started you in to the world of radio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

What started you in to the world of radio Empty
PostSubject: What started you in to the world of radio   What started you in to the world of radio EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm

I started listening to Radio Luxemburg through the night at a very young age of about 8 then started taking the radio apart and looking at how it worked, I then got my first cb radio at the age of 10, a colt 510 and done my first bit of DX'ing on low band after that the cb radio became legalised and I got rid of the colt and bought a Mustang cb 3000 40 channel legal set but hated it and for me this is when cb radio went down hill. I eventually got rid of that and got into my first lot of ssb radio's owning a cobra 148 gtl dx and ham international concorde 2 which were both expanded for 6 bands and had the legal UK channels on them, this is when I started listening to radio amateurs on the 10 metres and knew one day I would go down that route.
Back to top Go down
http://www.majorcaforum.com
kevin2e0ksw

kevin2e0ksw

PostSubject: Re: What started you in to the world of radio   What started you in to the world of radio EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:02 am

i started listning to my frends am radio that he had in his truck alot of years ago so me and my pals got some and fited them in the cars and it all started then ,i was off for a while then just set them back up but then it was fm and a couple of years ago a lad i know sat his foundation test and that is how i am at the stage i am at now and i have met lots of great lads.
Back to top Go down
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

PostSubject: Re: What started you in to the world of radio   What started you in to the world of radio EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:59 am

Yep my mate had a cobra 19X am set with a dv27 on a buscuit tin lol thats the first time I saw them and was amazed, I was really young we were in the juniors lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.majorcaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What started you in to the world of radio   What started you in to the world of radio Empty

Back to top Go down

What started you in to the world of radio
Page 1 of 1