NORTH EAST ENGLAND AMATEUR & CB RADIO FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East England Amateur & CB Radio Forum is for anyone that is interested in radio communication. We hope all you radio clubs will add a link to your website back to this forum so your members can communicate with others from other clubs.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
------------------------------------LATEST NEWS, OFCOM LEGALISE AM AND SSB MODES FOR THE UK CB RADIO ON MID/CEPT BAND TO START ON 27TH JUNE 2014----------------------------BIG UK NET PLANNED FROM THURSDAY MIDNIGHT TO CELEBRATE THE NEWS --------------------------------- THE NET IS ON 27th / 28th / 29th JUNE 2014 ON THE NEW CALLING CHANNELS FOR THEM MODES WHICH ARE AM CALLING CH14 27.125mhz / SSB CALLING CHANNEL27 27.275mhz-------------------------------

Expanding the group through social media.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KG0ZZ

Expanding the group through social media. Empty
PostSubject: Expanding the group through social media.   Expanding the group through social media. EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Daryn,

Have you used social media to help promote the forum? I'd suggest starting a Facebook group. Not a "page" but a "group." You can make this either an open or a closed group. If it's open then any one can join and members may also be able to add other friends. If it is a closed group then an "Admin" can add new members when someone requests to join. "Amateur Radio" are key words on Facebook so you might consider using that first as a title for the group (i.e. Amateur Radio Clubs of North East England -- but that's only a suggestion).

Post, or share pictures of projects from other Facebook pages, (as well as updates to your site) and as Facebook group members comment their friends will also see the posts and may also join the Facebook group. It has taken a couple of years to get over 300 likes on my Facebook page so it may take a little time for the group to build. Mine is just a "page" and now I wish it were instead a "group."

Everything and everyone (almost) is on Facebook these days.

Dave, KG0ZZ
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zed-Zeds-Workbench/104038876362047

Back to top Go down
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the group through social media.   Expanding the group through social media. EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:49 am

Hi Dave thanks for the suggestion. I did think about a facebook page/group but just thought the forum would never get used lol. I just think their is so much more you can do with a forum. Having certain sections for different things etc.

But yes I don't mind starting a group. Ill have a look next week when I'm off work, anyone else got any input on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the group through social media.   Expanding the group through social media. EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 1:38 pm

So I sent an email/newletter  to everyone, shocking only Dave  KG0ZZ and GG8XGS had a suggestion or even bothered to get back to me.

So I give in, amateur radio supposed to be a gentleman's hobby what a joke, support each other and help, well I give in.

The forum is here and anyone is welcome to use it and I hope someone does but I wont bother anymore.

Thanks Dave and GG8XGS for having the decency for acknowledging me.

Think this is why I hardly use amateur radio anymore and mostly use the cb frequencies.

73s Daryn 26DS580 not worth signing off with my amateur radio call sign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.majorcaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the group through social media.   Expanding the group through social media. Empty

Back to top Go down

Expanding the group through social media.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NORTH EAST ENGLAND AMATEUR & CB RADIO FORUM  :: GENERAL FORUMS :: SUGGESTIONS-
Jump to: