NORTH EAST ENGLAND AMATEUR & CB RADIO FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East England Amateur & CB Radio Forum is for anyone that is interested in radio communication. We hope all you radio clubs will add a link to your website back to this forum so your members can communicate with others from other clubs.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
------------------------------------LATEST NEWS, OFCOM LEGALISE AM AND SSB MODES FOR THE UK CB RADIO ON MID/CEPT BAND TO START ON 27TH JUNE 2014----------------------------BIG UK NET PLANNED FROM THURSDAY MIDNIGHT TO CELEBRATE THE NEWS --------------------------------- THE NET IS ON 27th / 28th / 29th JUNE 2014 ON THE NEW CALLING CHANNELS FOR THEM MODES WHICH ARE AM CALLING CH14 27.125mhz / SSB CALLING CHANNEL27 27.275mhz-------------------------------

Versa Tower Planning Permission

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

Versa Tower Planning Permission Empty
PostSubject: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi gents just a general question that some may know Ive got the chance of a 40 + foot Versa tower its bolt to the house jobbie with 4 X 12 foot sections and a beam cradle with it, crank up by winch Thing is will I need planning permission to erect it or will it come under temporary loop hole the closed height will be about 15 foot with out the beam cradle on it and described as 40 + foot open
Back to top Go down
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Well I cant answer this one but I think you may need a flashing light on the top for low flying aircraft lol!

I would be interested in knowing the answer to this one, NOT that the wife will allow it though hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.majorcaforum.com
scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Its a toughie,different councils have differing byelaws ive had problems with mine and they wanted full plans etc your not obliged by law to apply but if someone complains you will get a visit and you may have to.I would just
put it up and see what happens.Mine is now fixed to a trailer so no problems.It gets very expensive if you need
plans drawn and pp was going to be almost £500 for mine so i said sod it and went the trailer route.

SD
Back to top Go down
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Thing is with this it would only be raised when in used lowered all other times so would be below the guttering rest of the time Im in a private detached house
Back to top Go down
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 pm

think if i put it on a trailer they would say how do you get it out as my side access is only 3 foot lol was also looking at a 40 foot tele pole but this tower is going at not a bad price compaired to new

Last edited by John1959 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Indeed so was mine as i say differing bylaws but if its permanantly fixed to the building it may well need PP even guylines are classed as fixings in good old sunderland councils eyes.Also if it has been up for 4 years without being noticed it dont need it.It is a minefield of interpretation.

SD
Back to top Go down
scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm

scottydog wrote:
Indeed so was mine as i say differing bylaws but if its permanantly fixed to the building it may well need PP even guylines are classed as fixings in good old sunderland councils eyes.Also if it has been up for 4 years without being noticed it dont need it.It is a minefield of interpretation.

SD

So is mine it dont matter if it can be move a foot or two Very Happy
Back to top Go down
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 pm

aye read that but thought it was 7 years well i could lie lol must likly can get the tower and delivered for £400 to £450
Back to top Go down
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:21 pm

suppose as its used and weathered i could erect it leave it for a year or so befor fixing antennas then get a receipt saying installation of it years ago but never used it uptill now just well neighbours have never seen it because its allways been closed
Back to top Go down
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:26 pm

I would just put it up to be honest, if you can raise it up and down I would just do it as you have a good argument there, you only lift it when your using it and lower it when its not being used.
Back to top Go down
scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 pm

I would just put it up and see what happens maybe nothing, worst case scenario is PP
Back to top Go down
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 pm

yep thats if i get it its in soulihull delivery is £100 case of getting it cheap off the guy
Back to top Go down
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 am

RSGB have some pointers on this discussion http://www.rsgb.org/committees/pac/what-needs-permission.php
Back to top Go down
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Guy sold it so missed it just going the telepole route mate for now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Versa Tower Planning Permission   Versa Tower Planning Permission Empty

Back to top Go down

Versa Tower Planning Permission
Page 1 of 1