NORTH EAST ENGLAND AMATEUR & CB RADIO FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East England Amateur & CB Radio Forum is for anyone that is interested in radio communication. We hope all you radio clubs will add a link to your website back to this forum so your members can communicate with others from other clubs.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
------------------------------------LATEST NEWS, OFCOM LEGALISE AM AND SSB MODES FOR THE UK CB RADIO ON MID/CEPT BAND TO START ON 27TH JUNE 2014----------------------------BIG UK NET PLANNED FROM THURSDAY MIDNIGHT TO CELEBRATE THE NEWS --------------------------------- THE NET IS ON 27th / 28th / 29th JUNE 2014 ON THE NEW CALLING CHANNELS FOR THEM MODES WHICH ARE AM CALLING CH14 27.125mhz / SSB CALLING CHANNEL27 27.275mhz-------------------------------

Hello guys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:27 am

Hi Im John 52 live near Ashington Into Cbs from the early 70s and in to the mid 80s. Just returning back to the scene after many years off
Back to top Go down
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:49 am

Hi John and welcome to this friendly forum cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.majorcaforum.com
Barry M0HUT

Barry M0HUT

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:58 am

Hello john
welcome to NEARS forum i started cb's back when i was 16...... SO long ago.... i started with Cobra 19x with a dv27 antenna... them where the days.
Back to top Go down
John 2E0SCM

John 2E0SCM

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks mate any way my post should have read in to cbs from the late 70s Doh aye the coolest CB-er dude back in them days had to have the best of gear suppose nothing has changed then lol. I used to wizz around in my dads Austin Princess 2200 and his MK 4 Cortina estate with the super star 360 FM in with the Bull whip modulator mag mounted on the roof great set up for dxing from Cambois beach but only one hazard never go above 50 mph lol the QTH another 360 FM Turner expander 500, 4 element beam on a rotator, Avanti sigma 4 stuck on a 50 foot pole actually 2.5 scaf tubes and a 5/8 wave silver rod on the roof got some good QSls from a lot of operators used to be a member of the WD dx group (WD34) in Ashington and packed it all up mid 80s and guess what here I am back getting new/ good used gear. Managed to pick up a Cobra 148 GTL DX and Superstar 360FM the uk version like the 2 I had and a MK1 SS 3900 with the SS frequency counter add on ordereing a Sirio Gain master and a either 30 for 40 foot telescopic mast to plonk it on least when it gets windy I can drop it down to 9 foot. Im also considering going down the Ham route nice hobby for retirement
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello guys
Page 1 of 1