NORTH EAST ENGLAND AMATEUR & CB RADIO FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East England Amateur & CB Radio Forum is for anyone that is interested in radio communication. We hope all you radio clubs will add a link to your website back to this forum so your members can communicate with others from other clubs.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
------------------------------------LATEST NEWS, OFCOM LEGALISE AM AND SSB MODES FOR THE UK CB RADIO ON MID/CEPT BAND TO START ON 27TH JUNE 2014----------------------------BIG UK NET PLANNED FROM THURSDAY MIDNIGHT TO CELEBRATE THE NEWS --------------------------------- THE NET IS ON 27th / 28th / 29th JUNE 2014 ON THE NEW CALLING CHANNELS FOR THEM MODES WHICH ARE AM CALLING CH14 27.125mhz / SSB CALLING CHANNEL27 27.275mhz-------------------------------

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn 2E0DKD
Admin
Daryn 2E0DKD

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT   HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 am

My mother-in-laws Samsung TV (LCD) is switching itself off and sometimes wont even switch on at all, its also making strange popping noise so off came the back of the set and here is what Ive found.

This is the main power supply board and if you look to the right top side of it you will see a few dark blue capacitors that have swollen up these are knackered.

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100574

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100577

Here I have ringed them you can see on the top where they have swollen this is a dead gave away that they are bust.

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100579

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100581

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100583

so whipped the board out and unplugged the cables undone the screws and its ready to desolder and whip the little buggers out.

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100584

And there we go they are out

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100585

These TVs have different capacitors so if yours ever goes off dont take it for granted they are the same as mine you will have to take them out first and have a look. I wanted to replace them with a higher voltage caps but they never had any and I wanted the job done lol, if they go again it wont take long to replace them.

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100587

The power board for these is £150 plus, the capacitors should cost no more than £2.50 so its worth the try first.

Fingers crossed we solve the problem. More to come when I get the parts.

Well managed to stop the clicking sound so its not any other capacitors, but still no screen, I shorted the eprom to try and get it started up again but no screen so it does look like a corrupt eprom ohhhhhhh well tv in bits anyway lol here is to a new eprom £5 got to be worth a try but god its tiny ,photos to follow.

Well after stripping the main board out and looking at the size of this eprom I knew I was in for a bad time lol so sent away for the eprom and a new soldering iron. NOW WHENYOU DESOLDER THE OLD ONE LOOK FOR THE THE LITTLE CIRCLE IN THE TOP CORNER, YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN IF YOU LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW, ITS THE SECOND ONE DOWN, DONT DESOLDER UNTIL YOU KNOW WHICH WAY THIS GOES.

To the left you can see the power board this was the first thing I had to repair and to the right is the main board that Ive had to strip down and replace the eprom on.

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100620

Look at the size of this thing its tiny, now you have to take note when replacing with the new one that the little round circle that you can just see on the top left of mine goes in the same spot as the old one.

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100612

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100615

And here is the original on the board

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100613

Ok out it came

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100616

And in went the new one

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100619

And looked what happened

ITS ALIVE cheers
HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT P1100621

I hope this helps someone out some day, 9 times out of 10 its just the caps that need replacing but as my luck goes it had to be something else as well lol.

If anyone has a problem like this unplug the tv and leave it for a couple of days as them BIG capacitors can hold some charge and gave you a hell of a wack ( not really sure how long it takes but maybe someone can shine some light on this for me), let it discharge slowly are if you manage to have the screen lit up then pull the plug out of the socket don't turn the tv off with the on/off button just pull the plug and this should drain out the juice.

I hold no responsibility for anyone trying this fix there tv on there own, Im a hobbiest and not a professional. Anyone trying this does it off there own back and any electric shocks fires are anything is down to that person that works on there TV, I'm just showing you what I have done for my own personal repair. I suggest you take it to someone that knows what they are doing if you are not confident.

ELECTRICITY CAN KILL AND CAUSE FIRES

THAT COVERS ME LOL.

Back to top Go down
http://www.majorcaforum.com

HOW TO FIX A SAMSUNG TV/ SWITCHING ON FAULT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NORTH EAST ENGLAND AMATEUR & CB RADIO FORUM  :: ELECTRONICS SECTION :: ELECTRONICS SECTION - click here-
Jump to: